You don’t need to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars or sit through hours of classes in order to understand the fundamental nature of the universe. In truth, the fabric of the cosmos is just a mouse click away.
By Jolene Creighton|FUTURISM
Hundreds of free videos have been made available by the world’s top universities, and they feature some of the leading physicists of our era. Here, we have compiled just a fraction of these in a kind of “guide to the cosmos” that will give you a basic overview of the key concepts in physics.
Huge thanks to the wonderful Moinak Banerjee for his work on this.
Introductory Physics Videos
- Basic Physics lectures by Prof. Michael Dennin, University of California, Irvine
- Basic Physics (III) lectures by Prof. Michael Smy, University of California, Irvine
- Lectures on the conceptual understanding in Physics on various topics without math by Prof. Richard A. Muller, University of California, Berkeley
- Fundamentals of Physics with Prof. Ramamurti Shankar, brought to you by Yale Courses. This course covers Newtonian mechanics, special relativity, gravitation, thermodynamics, and waves
- Fundamentals of Physics (II) with Prof. Ramamurti Shankar, brought to you by Yale Courses. This course covers electricity, magnetism, optics and quantum mechanics
- A series of short video presentations on different topics of Physics brought to you by Khan Academy
- A video instructional series on physics for college and high school classrooms and adult learners
- Prof. Walter Lewin’s lectures on Classical Mechanics, as taught in 1999
- Prof. Leonard Susskind’s lectures on Classical Mechanics recorded on October 15, 2007 at Stanford University
- Prof. Leonard Susskind’s course on Classical Mechanics (Fall 2011) which is a part of coursework known as The Theoretical Minimum
- Lecture series on Classical Physics by Prof. V. Balakrishnan, Department of Physics, IIT Madras
- Shiraz Minwalla’s lectures on Classical Mechanics, TIFR
- Lectures on Classical Mechanics by Prof. Jacob Linder, brought to you by NTNU openVideo
- Lecture videos on Special Topics in Classical Mechanics by Prof. P. C. Deshmukh, Department of Physics, IIT Madras